Dear SQLGate Customers,
Welcome to the release of SQLGate for DB2 184.108.40.206, which includes enhanced user interface and features.
1. What are the changes?
- DB2 is now available for paid and free subscriptions. Previously DB2 was only available as a product key license, but with this update, it is also available as a monthly subscription.
- The user interface is now unified with other SQLGate DBMS products. Work comfortably in a more sophisticated and consistent environment!
2. Can I use this even if my maintenance license has expired?
- If you have purchased SQLGate Suite or SQLGate for DB2 on/after July 1, 2017 with a product key license, or if your maintenance expiration date for DB2 SQLGate is after July 1, 2017: we will be able to provide you with SQLGate for DB2 9.6.x.x version even after the maintenance period is expired.
3. What do I need to do for a smooth upgrade process?
- For existing users, installing a new version will not overwrite existing products. It will be installed in a new folder. We hope this doesn’t lead to any confusion.
- Database connection information and SQL History are not compatible with existing products. We apologize for the hassle but please back-up the information you need and register it again with the new product.
- This version does not support automatic updating because its internal structure has changed significantly compared to the previous versions. Please download and install the latest version directly from the download page.
4. Are there any requirements for use?
- A direct connection requires ODBC Driver 10.5 or later, and a catalog connection requires DB2 Client (32Bit) 10.5 or higher.
If you have any further questions, please leave your inquiries at the link below and we’ll be happy to answer them as soon as possible.
SQLGate Support Team